Constant scallop finishing delivers a smooth, consistent finish.
Smooth flowline finishing follows the natural shape of the surface to define the cutter path.
Specialized high speed machining toolpaths deliver smooth motion, saving wear on your machine and tooling.
Mastercam’s suite of 3D finishing tools lets you choose the best method for the results you need.
- Finish multiple surfaces, solid models, STL files, or any combination of the three.
- Hybrid finishing intelligently blends two efficient cutting techniques in a single toolpath.
- Hybrid "filler passes" offer the option to machine your part in sections using Mastercam's hybrid technique.
- 3D Toolpath Refinement allows unsurpassed control on surface cuts, delivering superior finishes and optimized cycle times.
- Unlimited Pencil Finishing machines the part in logical segments.
- Parallel finishing delivers robust toolpaths for a wide variety of projects.
- 3D project machining creates a consistent, smooth finish while following the natural curves of multiple surfaces or solids, and even includes a quick option for faster processing where appropriate.
- Constant scallop machining maintains a consistent finish on sloped and flat surfaces alike by using a consistent 3D stepover.
- Radial finishing creates toolpaths radiating outward from a selected point, perfect for round parts.
- Flowline machining cuts single or multiple surfaces using their natural shape to define the cutter path, delivering a smoother finish.
- Ruled toolpaths include automatic synchronization by entity, branch, or node. Cutting options are constant Z, zigzag, circular, one way, or 5-axis swarf machining.
- Full check surface support.
- Cut leaving negative stock, even with flat cutters.